De Martini/Arnott Painting Company has been serving the Bay Area since 1974— more than 40 years of consistently excellent preparation and painting. Our painting company hires only journeyman painters with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the business. Most of our painters have been with De Martini/Arnott for 5 to 10 years, and they excel at all aspects of the housepainting trade.
De Martini/Arnott uses only top of the line materials such as Sherwin-Williams, Kelly-Moore, Benjamin Moore, ICI Dulux, and Dunn-Edwards finishes. We offer a five-year guarantee on all labor and all materials*. Free color consultation and brush outs are offered to help clients confirm color choices. Three colors area included in standard pricing on every project. There will be extra charges for additional colors.
De Martini/Arnott Painting is proud to be a completely legal painting company and employer. It is against the law to contract any job over $500 without a qualified state license. Unlicensed contractors are NOT covered by a homeowners policy and cannot be insured. De Martini/Arnott is a state licensed company (C-33, Lic. #359696). Information concerning the company is available from the State License Board, 3132 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA 95827.
De Martini/Arnott is fully bonded by American Contractors Indemnity Company (Bond #152745), and fully covered on a marine policy (vehicles) by Safeco Insurance, Commercial Policy #OlCG212876. Our public liability policy is through Liberty Surplus Insurance Company, policy # TIS209631017. Both policies are issued through Heffernan Insurance Brokers.
All employees of De Martini/Arnott are covered by workman’s compensation by the State Compensation Insurance Fund, group #013, policy #000770. This coverage protects both the homeowner and De Martini/Arnott Painting Company.
On any job under $4,000, De Martini/Arnott does not accept payment until the job is completed and the customer is satisfied with the workmanship. If there are any problems, they will be rectified before payment is due. Although De Martini/Arnott is not licensed to perform dry rot repair, we will notify homeowners should any dry rot be found.
Service comes first, and the De Martini/Arnott team is dedicated to a standard of excellence that delivers the optimal painting experience for every client. Our company is consistently recognized for professionalism, courtesy and expertise, and we strive to complete every project with a minimum of disruption and inconvenience.
De Martini/Arnott Painting Company, Inc. has a five-year guarantee on all labor and all materials with the following exceptions:
- Rust. Once the rusting process has begun it is very difficult to mitigate. To combat this problem we first apply ospho, a rust retardant, and then a rust inhibitive metal primer and finish coat with the appropriate finish coating. Even with this method, rust can return over time.
- There is no guarantee on aluminum or galvanized gutters or downspouts. Aluminum gutters and aluminum windows will sometimes hold paint or they can peel immediately.
- Water bubbles that are caused by wet wood or a damaged roof are not covered by the guarantee. All other bubbles (heat blisters) are covered.
- Paint on porches and decks is not covered. Water sits on these surfaces and eventually permeates them, causing the paint to degrade.
- Semi-transparent stains or decking stains all look different depending on what type of wood they are applied to and the condition of the surface. De Martini/Arnott uses Cabot’s stains, the finest available and receive excellent results in approximately 90% of our stain jobs. There is the possibility of some shiners with decking stains and we will do all we can to avoid these, but due to weather conditions, they are sometimes unavoidable.
- De Martini/Arnott Painting is NOT responsible for removing window coverings prior to painting. If you request that we assist in removing any window coverings, we will do our best to assist, but please note that we are not responsible for any damage resulting from the removal or reinstallation of window coverings of any type.
- De Martini/Arnott Painting Company, Inc. cannot assume responsibility for removal of locks.
- DeMartini/Arnott Painting is NOT responsible for the removal of scaffolding hooks left by the scaffolding company, and additional charges will apply if you want us to remove them.
- Red roof tiles are very delicate. There is NO WAY to protect them completely. We send the lightest man on your roof but there is the possibility that one or two may be broken. De Martini/Arnott cannot be held responsible for damage to these tiles because they are so fragile.
- We cannot guarantee that paint will not bubble or chip on a surface that has been varnished and you request that it be painted over. We will do out best to etch, sand and prime the door, but they cannot be guaranteed.
- De Martini-Arnott is NOT responsible for moving large furniture items, my men will happily move them for you but we can not be held responsible if something breaks during the move.
*There is NO guarantee on any dark, deep colors such as black, dark brown, dark grey or dark green, maroon or deep red. These colors absorb so much heat that they cannot be guaranteed.